Single Status Affidavit

Single Status Affidavit

What Is a Single Status Affidavit?

A Single Status Affidavit is a document that confirms someone is free to marry because they’ve never been married or their previous marriages ended legally due to death or divorce. If you plan to marry abroad, you’ll need this document. It’s also known by various names like “No Record of Marriage,” “Certificate of Freedom to Marry,” or “Affidavit of Single Status.” They all mean the same thing.

Where to Get a Single Status Affidavit Form

  • We have an affidavit form that we can provide you as a blank template. We will explain how you can utilize this form and fill it out properly.
  • If you’re outside the U.S., your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate can help.
  • Completing the Affidavit

Single Status Affidavits are short and simple forms. You’ll need to provide:

  • Your legal name.
  • Passport number.
  • Date and place of birth.
  • Dates of previous marriages and how they ended.
  • The name of your upcoming spouse and her country of residence.
  • It’s a good idea to attach a copy of your final divorce decree if applicable.

Notarization Process

In the very first step, make a draft of your single affidavit and get it notarized from PacSigning which helps you to process the apostille process easily. 

Apostille Authentication Process

If the destination country is a member of the Hague Convention (e.g., Germany, Spain, France), Get an Apostille from Pac Signing Notary.

If the destination country is NOT a member (e.g., mainland China, Taiwan, Canada), Get an Apostille from us and make authentication from the Embassy.